Get added protection with optional Serious Illness Insurance
You can’t always control your health, but you can help control how it affects you and your family. With optional Serious Illness Insurance from Guardian Insurance, you’ll get up to $500,000 (or 50% of the Life Insurance benefit amount) to provide financial support after diagnosis of a defined medical illness.
You can use the benefit amount however you wish, including medical bills, your mortgage or everyday living expenses. At Guardian Insurance we are committed to helping you be more, even when your health is less.
The benefit amount is paid if you suffer one of the following defined serious illnesses:
- Cancer – excluding specified early stage cancers;
- Heart Attack – with evidence of severe permanent heart muscle damage;
- Heart Bypass Surgery (Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery); or
- Stroke – in the brain resulting in specified permanent impairment while covered under the policy.
These medical conditions, including certain exclusions, are defined in the glossary of the PDS.
Benefits of Serious Illness Insurance
Optional cover available with Guardian Life Insurance to provide financial support if you suffer from a defined serious illness.
You can apply for this optional cover with your Life Insurance policy if you are aged between 18 and 59, and are an Australian resident.
You can choose a benefit amount that works for you, from $50,000 up to $500,000 or 50% of your Life Insurance benefit amount, whichever is the lesser.
Some things you should know:
- Each serious illness event is defined within the policy PDS and each claim will be assessed against these definitions.
- Exclusions apply to this cover. Importantly no claim will be paid for any condition that first becomes apparent before the commencement of the cover or within the first three months of cover. Nor is cover provided if the defined serious illness is as a result of an intentional self-inflicted bodily injury or attempted suicide. For more details about exclusions please refer to the PDS.
- This cover expires on the policy anniversary following the insured’s 65th birthday.
- If you claim on this cover, it will reduce the amount of your Life Insurance benefit and any optional Total & Permanent Disability benefit by the same amount as the claim. Only one benefit amount is payable per life insured.
- The serious illness must be diagnosed by a medical practitioner or a specialist medical practitioner and may require confirmation by our medical advisers.
For more information on our optional Serious Illness Insurance, download the Guardian Life Insurance PDS.
Led by experience
We’ve been helping savvy Australians protect their life’s work for over a decade. You can rely on us.
We offer straightforward insurance products that are easy to apply for, so you can take out cover with as little delay as possible.
Enjoy a quick, simple claims process with the support of our friendly customer service team. We’re here for you.
Built on trust
Guardian Insurance policies are backed by some of the world’s most trusted underwriters. You and your family are in good hands.
Apply for cover today
Request a quote today to help protect your family’s future. Or, we can call you back at a more suitable time to discuss your cover options.