The cost of funerals in Australia can be anywhere between $4,000 and $15,0001, which can put a severe financial strain on your family. Guardian Funeral Insurance can help with a lump sum payment to help ease the financial strain on your loved ones. That way, you’ll know you’re leaving your family with happy memories, instead of unexpected expenses.
You can choose a benefit from $3,000 to $15,000, and you will also be provided with five times the insurance benefit paid in the event of Accidental Death – taking the possible payout up to $75,000. Plus your cover automatically includes Accidental Serious Injury Insurance.
Acceptance for Guardian Funeral Insurance is guaranteed if you’re an Australian Resident aged between 18 and 75. The benefit is paid out without unnecessary delay, so you know the money will be there when it’s needed. While it’s designed to help pay for your funeral, it can be used for whatever your family needs most at that time.
Take out Guardian Funeral Insurance today, and know that your family won’t be weighed down with the bill for your funeral and other outstanding expenses.
1. Moneysmart – www.moneysmart.gov.au July 2017.
- Guaranteed acceptance for all Australian Residents aged 18 to 75
- No medical or health questions required
- Apply over the phone – no forms to fill out
- You can select a Benefit Amount that suits your needs from $3,000 to $15,000 – cover is for Accidental Death only in the first 12 months, then death by any cause thereafter
- Receive five times the insurance benefit paid from day 1 in the event of Accidental Death – up to $75,000
- Single or joint cover options
- Cover all your dependent children until they reach age 21
- Monthly or fortnightly payment options
- Premiums stop at age 90 and cover will continue for life – at no cost to you
- 100% Funeral Insurance Benefit paid in advance if you are diagnosed with a Terminal Illness
- Accidental Serious Injury Insurance is automatically included in your cover
- 30 day money back guarantee
Our Platinum Trust Guarantee
You can trust that your Guardian Platinum Funeral Insurance policy comes with the following guarantees:
- Your premiums will reduce by 5% every 5 years your policy is in force;
- When you pass away your family will receive your covered amount or all of the premiums you have paid in for your cover – whichever is higher. Or, once you turn 85 you can choose to terminate your cover and receive an Early Cash Payment of 150% of your Funeral Insurance Benefit;
- From age 90, you will no longer have to pay premiums and your cover will continue for free.
Things you should know:
- Cover is for Accidental Death only in the first 12 months, cover for any cause thereafter.
- If your policy is cancelled prior to age 85, no benefit amount is payable. There is no refund of premiums after the cooling off period.
- If you change your cover your premiums will be affected.
- If you choose the Early Cash Payment option, you will no longer be eligible to claim and you may receive less than the total premiums you’ve paid into your policy to date.
Children’s Insurance Option
With Guardian Funeral Insurance you can add Children’s Insurance optional cover to your policy. This means, you’ll receive a $10,000 payment if your child suffers a defined serious illness or injury or in the event of death.
You can apply for Children’s Insurance for your child aged between 2 and 17 years old when you take out Guardian Funeral Insurance – with cover remaining in place until your child turns 21. You or your insured partner must be the parent or legal guardian of the child, who must also be an Australian resident. The benefits of taking out cover include:
- Each Child Insured is covered for $10,000 under your policy
- The benefit is paid if the Child Insured suffers one of the following serious illnesses or injuries – Terminal Illness, Blindness, Deafness, Total and Permanent Loss of Use of One Limb, Encephalitis, Major Head Trauma, Meningitis, Paralysis, Benign Tumour of the Brain or of the Spinal Cord, Cancer, Severe Burns, Chronic Kidney Failure or Major Organ Transplant.
- This benefit is also paid as a lump sum if the Child Insured passes away
- You can use the money for anything you may need at a difficult time – like medical expenses or funeral costs.
Some things you should know
- Cover is for Accidental Death only in the first three months.
- Your child will not be covered for any claimable injury or illness, or death from any cause, which becomes apparent or occurs before or during the first three months.
- The Benefit Amount is payable once per child insured.
Simply call 1300 709 560 and we can take your application over the phone today.