Guardian Total & Permanent Disability Insurance
We know life is all about adapting. If your health changes, you need to change with it. That’s why our optional Total & Permanent Disability Insurance provides cover from $50,000 up to $1,000,000 if you become permanently disabled and can’t work due to defined illness or injury.
Whether you choose to cover treatment and rehabilitation costs, the mortgage or everyday expenses, we’re here to help you adjust to life’s changes on your own terms.
Your benefit amount will be paid in full if you can’t work in any occupation due to a permanent disability, or if you suffer the loss of limbs or sight, or you become totally dependent on others for your care. Each of these are defined within the PDS and if you lodge a claim your condition will be assessed against these definitions.
Benefits of Total & Permanent Disability Insurance
Optional cover available with Life Insurance to provide financial support if you suffer from a defined Total & Permanent Disability. Refer to the PDS for full list of cover and exclusions.
You can apply for this optional cover with your Life Insurance policy if you are aged between 18 and 59, and are an Australian resident working at least 20 hours per week.
Depending on your age, you can choose a benefit amount between $50,000 and $1,000,000, up to your chosen Life Insurance benefit amount.
|Maximum Benefit Amount (at Commencement Date)|
|Current Age||Benefit Amount|
Some things you should know:
- The intent of the policy is to cover you in the event that you suffer an injury or illness that is so severe that you will remain disabled permanently and are unlikely to ever be able to work again.
- There are a number of exclusions to this policy, including but not limited to, that any condition caused or accelerated by an intentional act will not be covered, nor an injury caused as a result of engaging in any motor sport. You can read more about the exclusions in the PDS.
- This cover expires on the policy anniversary following the insured’s 65th birthday.
- If you claim on this cover, it will reduce the amount of your Life Insurance benefit or any optional Serious Illness Insurance benefit amount by the same amount as the claim. Only one benefit amount is payable per life insured.
- We cover you for sickness or injury as defined within the policy PDS and each claim will be assessed against these definitions.
- The Total & Permanent Disability must be certified by a medical practitioner or a specialist medical practitioner and may require confirmation by our medical advisers.
For more information about Total & Permanent Disability Insurance, download the Guardian Life Insurance PDS.
Led by experience
We’ve been helping savvy Australians protect their life’s work for over a decade. You can rely on us.
We offer straightforward insurance products that are easy to apply for, so you can take out cover with as little delay as possible.
Enjoy a quick, simple claims process with the support of our friendly customer service team. We’re here for you.
Built on trust
Guardian Insurance policies are backed by some of the world’s most trusted underwriters. You and your family are in good hands.
Apply for cover today
Request a quote today to help protect your family’s future. Or, we can call you back at a more suitable time to discuss your cover options.