Optional cover for children with your life insurance
Guardian Children’s Insurance pays between $20,00 and $50,000 if your child passes away or experiences a defined injury or illness. It’s an extra way of caring for those who rely on you.
You can use the benefit amount in any way you wish – to help with your child’s medical expenses, education costs or towards their recovery.
The benefit amount is paid if your child suffers any of the following defined serious illnesses or injuries:
- Bacterial Meningitis (and/or invasive meningococcal disease); or
- Cancer (as defined in the PDS under Children’s Insurance Option); or
- Encephalitis – with permanent neurological impairment; or
- End Stage Chronic Kidney Failure – requiring regular renal dialysis; or
- Hearing Loss (permanent and disabling, after best treatment); or
- Major Brain Injury – requiring admission of more than 4 consecutive days in an Intensive Care Unit (ICU); or
- Major Burns to the Skin – of specified severity and requiring specific treatment; or
- Major Organ Transplant – specified organs or being on a transplant waiting list; or
- Non-cancerous tumour of the Brain or Spinal Cord – with permanent neurological impairment, or requiring surgical removal of the tumour or radiotherapy; or
- Paralysis (total and permanent) – specified; or
- Total and Permanent Loss of Use of One Specified Limb; or
- Vision Loss (permanent and disabling, after best treatment)
at least three months after the day cover starts, while covered under the policy. These medical conditions are defined in the glossary of the PDS.
Benefits of Children’s Insurance
Add optional Children’s Insurance to your Life Insurance policy for any of your children aged between 2 and 17. Your child remains covered until 21 years of age.
Set your own benefit amount between $20,000 and $50,000, depending on your needs. You could consider age, schooling and lifestyle requirements.
The entire Children’s Insurance benefit amount will be paid if your child passes away or is diagnosed with a terminal illness (with 12 months or less to live). This can help protect your financial commitments if you need to take a step back during a challenging time.
Some things you should know:
- Cover is for accidental death only in the first three months.
- Your child will not be covered for any claimable injury or illness, or death from any cause, which becomes apparent or occurs before the policy commences or during the first three months of commencing cover.
- Cover expires for each child on the policy anniversary following their 21st birthday.
- The benefit amount is payable once, per child insured.
- The serious illness or injury must be diagnosed by a medical practitioner or a specialist medical practitioner and may require confirmation by our medical advisers.
For more information on our optional Children's Insurance, download the Guardian Life Insurance PDS.
Led by experience
We’ve been helping savvy Australians protect their life’s work for over a decade. You can rely on us.
We offer straightforward insurance products that are easy to apply for, so you can take out cover with as little delay as possible.
Enjoy a quick, simple claims process with the support of our friendly customer service team. We’re here for you.
Built on trust
Guardian Insurance policies are backed by some of the world’s most trusted underwriters. You and your family are in good hands.
Apply for cover today
Request a quote today to help protect your family’s future. Or, we can call you back at a more suitable time to discuss your cover options.